Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm back...

I actually got some dyeing done this weekend for my dye-o-rama pal.
She requested self-striping yarn and I'm of course here to oblige. Here's my setup:


I have to say self-striping yarn is a bit of a pain to do. Walking back and forth around the chairs and then to wind it back into a regular skein. I hope she likes the colors. I used this tutorial for the self-striping setup.
On to other knitting news, I started on a new top with some araucania cotton I had. The pattern is from craftster but somehow I cannot find the link anymore. I'll post some progress shots.

The garden is coming along. We have a little herb garden now, a bean pole tent for the kids, tomato, squash and a little strawberries patch. Everything is still little.


The fifth clover leaf is going to a little sunflower house (inspired Sharon Lovejoy's book). I tried one from seed a few years ago and the birds had a field trip. This year I'll just get some seedlings, its also a lot smaller scale. Then I'll get some morning glory to climb up the sunflowers, train them across to the other side to form the ceiling. Thats the plan anyways. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get some more work done.

Here's a picture of Nancy (red island red), Hillary (white leghorn), and Eleanor (araucana). Yes, and their eggs.


We also started work on the front yard (our 150 year old eucalyptus fell the end of last year and took 5 of our redwoods with it). So we're replanting that area.

2 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Does your Rhode Island Red lay green eggs? (I can't tell from the pic.) I had one as a kid, and she laid green eggs - it was so fun!

What great pics!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Angela M said...

Elizabeth: Our rhode island red lays "red"(brown) eggs. The araucana lays green eggs. Yes, lots of fun!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home