Sunday, April 30, 2006

This is the pound of organic merino x rambouillet raw wool I got on Saturday morning. Its dirtier than it looks in the picture. The sheep did not wear a coat, they did skirt it though.Inside the laundry room sink. This was when I first put the wool in. When I came back 15 minutes later the water was brown brown brown.
After two washes and 3 rinses: billowy soft white wool! I carded some last night and
spun some. No pictures yet. I think I'll dye it first... somehow spinning white wool is kind of
boring for me.


And this is what I found this morning inside a plastic cat toy thingy. Aww!

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

gorgeous wool! i'm so envious. i need some more fleece. i'm down to one (merino).

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the combination of the photos of wool along with the birds nest...they compliment each other beautifully.

I'm your secret tea pal...and I've just spent some time looking through your blog. We have a lot in common and I am excited to share with you! Yay!

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home