Friday, April 28, 2006

Which one will you pick?










So the question is, which one would you work on? The drab, beige "must have"? Or the spring color, soft BFL roving? I actually picked up "must have" last night, fixed the boo boo and finished another inch or two. Its really a fun knit, but now that the sun is out again I long for something more colorful. I'm really not a green/pink kind a gal, but the color combination really appeals to me.
I dyed up some more bfl in turquoise and orange last night. Somehow the turquoise is not as bright as I'd like. We'll see... I'm down to only 4 oz of corriedale and 4oz of finn left in my fiber stash. My order from coppermoose is on its way and I just ordered 1 lb a raw organic merino x wool from our csa(local farm). So my wool will be there tomorrow morning with my veggies. :) I've knitted with their organic wool yarn before but was a little disturbed by the amount of VM in the yarn. I have a feeling there will be a lot of vm in the wool, hopefully not, but worth a try. DD#1 will be enlisted to pick out the vm.
I'm not sure how much time I'll have dedicated to crafts this weekend. We're having our now annual May Day celebration at our house next weekend, so we have a lot of yard work to do. DH wants to test drive one of these, so we'll do for a little bit of that on Sunday.
Have a good weekend! I'll post if I get to the raw merino x this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

Go Go Go HYBRID!! I wonder how long the wait list will be if you decided to get one. It was a year waitlist when I was eyeing for one about 2.5 years ago.
For me, I would go for the fibers. Nothing is more soothing than playing with them. I was playing with my fibers right after I got home last nite. Terrible news I heard about work.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home