Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yummy goodness from the other day. Twist set... I just love the colors of this one.




















This is what I spinned/spun yesterday. Thick thin, about 76 yds of corridale, plied with green thread.





Dyed up some BFL in violet and yellow last night. Yummy. I predrafted the fiber and started spinning with it but the colors seem a bit intense. I'm going to card it a bit to see if that softens up the colors a little. I space dyed the roving.



I started reading Color in Spinning by Deb Menz. Wonderful book. I'm still reading the first chapter but learning quite about hues, saturations and values.

2 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

How pretty!!?! We got the kool kid tonight, so we will be dyeing tomorrow. Wish me luck. I wonder when I can dye something like yours... Is it christmas yet?? :P

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Color in Spinning is a great book! I refer to it all the time. And I really like the look of the single plied with thread. I've never tried that but I think I will.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home