Tuesday, May 09, 2006

dye-o-rama meme

Specific to this swap:

Your favorite colors? orangy red, burgundy, turquoise, amethyst. I also love yellow on walls but not on me.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Fingering or sport.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? multicolored.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? I like variegated, but haven't tried self patterning. I'm not really into self-striping.

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? I'd prefer high percentage wool, so as long as its at least 60% wool and something else thats good.

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? I'm not that great with naming things. Hmm... something to do with nature?

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? The surprise element. Not knowing what I'll get and surprising someone else.

General yarn/fiber questions:

Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Yes

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? Dyeing in the crock pot, immersion dyeing. I'm going to try painting on roving today or tomorrow.

Do you spin? Yes

Have you knit socks before? Yes

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? Shawls as well.

What are some of your favorite yarns? Koigu, lorna's laces, noro

What yarn do you totally covet? I go through stages... I don't have one right now

Favorite patterns? Something with cables, lace

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Addi turbos circs (only kind I use)

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Noro silk garden?

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Hmm... I have food sensitivity issues so I don't really eat candies. I like nuts, and I'm really into tea (herbal) right now.

What’s your favorite animal? I don't have a favorite animal. I love animals

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? I have 3 chickens (Nancy, Hillary, Eleanor -1 yr) , a cat (meow-tzi, 7-8 yrs), fishes(2-1/2yrs) and thinking about getting some french angora bunnies.

If you were a color what color would you be? I guess thats different from your favorite color. I'm thinking milk chocolate brown, bluish green.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. 'Demonstrate the power of love, not the love of power.'


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home