Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm back...

After a long hiatus...
I purchased the Ultimate Sweater Machine by Bond over the Thanksgiving weekend. The USM has very mixed reviews and I was a bit skeptical. But no more... Here's what I whipped up in 3-4 hours (including setup time which took about an hour).
Noro Silk Garden #224, 3 skeins on plate #3.
I've always loved the looks of shibori and came across a wonderful tutorial here. The silk garden is ultra yummy especially after a warm bath or in this case felting in the washing machine.

I (the USM) just finished knitting a little wool hat for dd#2. I just have to seam it and voila. I had no problems with the machine using worsted yarn. The hat on the other hand is more of a sock weight/sport weight yarn and the machine had a few hiccups (dropped stitches).
This is no replacement for handknitting, just a quick way to make large amounts of stockinette especially for felting. I can see quite a few more silk garden scarfs for myself in the near future, a few felted scarves for the kids in merino,... A nice way to use up my yarn stash.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

The scarf is beautiful. I'm not usually a fan of shibori but it looks lovely there.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home