Friday, March 10, 2006

Charlotte's Web.. and the magic of blocking

I've been made a believer. I've always fudged it and steamed block (ie iron the pieces). But look at this... The before:

and after:


I'm totally in love with this thing. I can hardly wait for it to dry, weave in ends and wear it. I'm so going to wear it to San Diego in less than 2 weeks. Yipee!
There is also going to be a lot more lace around here...
Specs:
Size 4.0mm needles
Koigu P426, P608, P107B, P807, P 816

I'm not going to add the fringe to charlotte's web. But I did do a picot edge:

*Cast on 2 sts using cable cast on, BO 4 sts using the traditional bind off, place remaining stitch on right needle back on left needle as if to purl* Repeat * to *

It took forever to do the picot bindoff, but so worth it. I think it took 1-1/2 hours just for the bindoff.

This is my first time knitting with Koigu KPPPM and I love the color variations. The vibrancy of the color, woo ah ah. I was never a shawl kinda gal, but hey I can be!
Still waiting on the "must have cardigan" pattern to arrive (haven't check the mailbox yet). But I already have the Noro Lily wound, pattern printed and ready to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

Your shawl look amazing. can't wait to see her in person. :) I am considering lace too. But nothing as big as a shawl for now... Maybe a little scarf or something... we will see.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home