Sunday, February 26, 2006

FO- bulky cabled sweater

Yes, the sweater is all done. It was a quick and fun knit but I'm not that happy with the end result. The sweater is well, really bulky. It makes me look like a big muscle woman. I actually feel like the michelin man. DH says maybe the incredible hulk?! I don't think I'll knit anything else in super bulky yarn. I still need to fiddle around with the buttons some more. I did get some pretty cool wooden buttons for it.
I made the smallest size but used 5 skeins of yarn.

Here's a prorgess shot of Charlotte's web. I absolutely love this thing. The colors are not entirely accurate (grey skies). The pattern is written quite poorly, but I found a charlotte's web knitalong group on yahoo and a kind soul uploaded a chart which makes it quite easy to follow. I'm on row 53, almost 100 stitches across. Fun fun fun, I can hardly wait to work on it some more (if only the kiddos will cooperate). Its definitely not something I can knit and entertain them at the same time. You should see me with my counter, and 2 charts, post-its,... Quite a project.

I can't shake this tune out of my head. They played Barry Manilow's Copacabana in my aerobics class yesterday. Darn it... I can't get it out of my head! Its driving me nuts...
"Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home