Thursday, February 23, 2006

Miss Dashwood...

Presenting Miss Dashwood from Knitty.com. Woo Hoo, a hat that actually fits dd#2! All the hats I knitted for her so far were all too big and the hats all fit to my 5 year old. That is until Miss Dashwood. I used Debbie Bliss Merino aran and size 6 needles. I purchased the yarn over a year ago for this hat. Somehow I thought thats what the pattern specified, only to find out that its cashmerino not merino aran. Needless to say, I didn't get gauge. I fudged it and knitted a size smaller. Used 2 skeins. A very fast and fun knit. I love the picot edge.

So what is going on with the bulky cabled cardigan? Well... I have everything (all my knitting) packed up for our little trip up to Marin, only to find out that I did not bring the yarn for the cardigan. Lucky for me, I packed Miss Dashwood as well. So back to the bulky cabled cardigan tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lystessa said...

That is too adorable!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home