Sunday, February 19, 2006

Knitting Olympics - progress (kind of)

Okay, so progress shot is a few days old. I'm already done with the body and one sleeve. I love this sweater so far. I tried it on a couple of times. The sleeves feel a little on the snug side, but we'll see. I was hoping to get it done this weekend, but no siree. I guess technically I have Monday as well since we have a long weekend.

Believe it or not, I'm ditching Stitches West and staying home to clean out my closet and crafts room. DH was going to watch the kids for a few hours while I shop for yarn, but I want the time to clean!!!
Next up on my queue: Koigu Charlotte's web
I have the yarn already, but no pattern!! I just hate to pay $5-6 for shipping for just a pattern.
Or, the must have cardigan.
I have always wanted a cabled sweater like this one for oh, 15-20 years. My mom knitted one for herself when I was in my teens, and I'd always wanted one. I thought I'd like a pullover, but the must have well is a must have. I'm thinking about knitting it in Patons Classic Merino in Dark Natural Mix
I'm also thinking about knitting something less intense, soemthing that requires less of my concentration or kids friendly knitting. You know, something with stockinette... But I don't know what yet.

How about this flourless brownie?
I'm back on the band wagon of trying to limit our wheat intake. Recipe can be found here - peanut butter brownies. I'll probably try some of their other recipes as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

Love the color of the sweater. the must have sweater looks great! Maybe next christmas, I will dare myself to knit a sweater, as of now... I think I should stay put with something not as challenging. I saw the cable hodded sweater from the pattern site you have a link, and it's amazing.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home